There’s always something exciting happening at St. Barnabas. Our welcoming senior living communities in the Greater Pennsylvania region boast a dynamic schedule of events that offer residents opportunities for entertainment, learning, and more. From social occasions to live performances, our calendar of senior living resident events makes it easy to stay active and engaged with a thriving community.
Weekly Activity Schedule
St. Barnabas Health System maintains a robust schedule of activities and opportunities for residents to enjoy. Every week’s schedule features numerous social or recreational activities, so there’s never a dull moment. Available options include:
- Bridge, poker, and other card and board games
- Bocce and other lawn sports
- Exercise classes
- Parties and celebrations
- Hobby groups
- Social gatherings
- Religious services and study
- Movie viewings
- Shopping trips
- And more…
Wherever residents’ interests lie, they can find an activity that excites them. These offerings enable active adults to maintain rich, active lives filled with conversation, fitness, and fun.
Special Event Venues
St. Barnabas hosts numerous special and regularly scheduled events at two inviting venues. With options including dinners, music, theatre, and community connections, there are plenty of ways to have fun. Event venues include:
The Kean Theatre is an elegant venue located on our beautiful Gibsonia campus. Its many amenities make it ideal for hosting business seminars and conferences, as well as any kind of musical or theatrical event. The theatre is also conveniently close to several major highways, making access easy.
Also found in Gibsonia, the Crystal Conservatories is a luxurious indoor oasis with the classic design of European conservatories. It highlights the beauty of its natural surroundings, making it perfect for bridal showers, weddings, and celebratory dinners. It also contains a large, heated indoor pool where we host aquatic exercise and recreational swimming.
Our event venues are available for area businesses and individuals as well, ensuring our campuses are an integral part of the local community. Additionally, both venues offer local organizations and residents a way to give back, as all proceeds support the St. Barnabas Free Care Fund for residents who need assistance most.
- Presents for Patients: Residents receive a gift and visitor during the holiday season as a way to strengthen community connections and combat winter blues.
- Free Care 5k: Competitive and amateur runners, joggers, walkers, and stroller-pushers complete the course to raise money for our Free Care Fund.
- Charity Events: We regularly host charitable events to support residents and patients, helping them afford the care they need.
- Founder’s Day: Celebrate our founding with an upscale event including a cocktail reception, dinner programs, and speeches by top speakers from across the nation.
- Golf Opens: Enjoy a fun day of golf, beverages, and an open auction to help patients in need.
- Ladies Day Out: This fun-filled day is just for the girls with prizes, food, shopping, cocktails, wine, raffles, and so much more.
- Speaker Series: We run an annual series of seminars that help residents explore and stay up-to-date on a range of exciting topics, from technology to business.
- Veterans Events: We’re always proud to celebrate the veterans who keep our country safe, and our veterans events offer a forum and forge connections for men and women who served.