Your Support is Changing Lives. Feel Good About Free Care - Donate Today!
Since St. Barnabas was founded by Brother Gouverneur P. Hance in 1900, charitable contributions have been a critical cornerstone in our mission to provide comprehensive, compassionate care – regardless of an individual’s ability to pay. Building on our heritage, St. Barnabas Health System continues to reach out to those in need across the greater Pittsburgh surrounding area.
St. Barnabas Charities, a 501(c)3 organization and the fundraising arm of St. Barnabas Health System, is proud to offer several giving options that support the Free Care Fund. Our charitable foundation raises funds for the Free Care Fund through annual events, gifts and various businesses. Your generous gift helps us continue this tradition of caring for all. Tax deductible donations to our Free Care Fund can be made at any time!
In addition to the Free Care Fund, we have two special fundraising campaigns underway:
God Bless Fund
To honor William V. Day, St. Barnabas President & CEO
50 Years of Leadership
The God Bless Fund will maintain and operate the buildings our residents, patients and employees call home. The Fund is a reflection of the same love, compassion and care of St. Barnabas President William V. Day – the builder and visionary behind more than 50 years of leadership.
Donations will preserve St. Barnabas Health System’s structures and continue through generations to provide a warm, safe, beautiful and caring environment.
Windows to their World
St. Barnabas Nursing Home
New, clear and sparkling windows will provide the patients and residents of St. Barnabas Nursing Home comfort, warmth and beautiful views of the surrounding landscape, wildlife and flowers.
124 Windows will be replaced in several phases, with a cost of $2,000 per window. A total project cost of more than $248,000.
Donations to the campaign may be pledged today and payable over an 18 month period.
Ways to Make a Charitable Contribution to St. Barnabas:
- Honor or Memorial Gifts – Many donors choose to honor someone living or to memorialize a loved one who has passed with a gift to St. Barnabas Charities.
- In-Kind Gifts – You may have an item of value that you would like to donate to St. Barnabas—an automobile, a piano, a valuable work of art or other collectible.
- Matching Gifts – Many employers generously offer to match employee gifts to qualifying charities. This is a great way to double the impact of your gift.
- Combined Federal Campaign – St. Barnabas Charities is honored to be a part of the annual CFC campaign that includes federal government, postal and military donors. Please visit www.3riverscfc.org and use our 5 digit code 68441 when making your contribution or pledge.
- Planned Giving – Many donors elect to make a legacy contribution to St. Barnabas Charities through their estate. Planned Giving includes bequests, charitable gift annuities, gifts of insurance, IRA gifts, trusts, and more. Each gift offers a tax benefit and some also provide a protected stream of income for the donor.
- IRA Gifts – By naming St. Barnabas Charities as the beneficiary of a retirement plan, donors can avoid the double taxation on IRAs and other employee benefit plans.
- Bequests – Estate planning is important regardless of the size of your estate. Proper planning will help preserve your assets, assure that you will achieve your personal objectives, and provide security for your loved ones.
- Life Insurance Gift – Contribute a life insurance policy and name St. Barnabas Charities as the beneficiary.
- Hance Legacy – The Hance Legacy Society honors St. Barnabas’ founder and the many generous donors who have made St. Barnabas Charities part of their legacy through a planned gift.
If you would like to discuss these types of gifts further, please contact St. Barnabas Charities at 724-625-3770 or use the form below.