Peace of Mind for You and your loved ones.
What You Can Expect
With beautiful suites available for singles and couples, the warm and caring residential setting at St. Barnabas Beaver Meadows provides a wide range of personal services designed to:
- Minimize the need to relocate
- Accommodate individual residents’ changing needs and preferences
- Maximize residents’ dignity, autonomy, privacy, independence, choice and safety
- Encourage family and community involvement
Certified by the Alzheimer’s Association using the Habilitation Model Approach to dementia care, St. Barnabas Beaver Meadows offers:
- Personalized, compassionate care for individuals living with dementia
- Staff on duty 24 hours a day making safety checks
- One-on-one and small group care in a supportive environment
- Support group meetings for family and care givers
Social And Religious Activities
Our three comfortable lounges are perfect for socialization, relaxation and family visits, and we are pleased to offer abundant enrichment activities and entertainment.
- Various games, including bingo, trivia and game night
- High-speed internet access with computers availible
- Movie Night
- Visits by local performers, church groups and children’s organizations
- Day trips to restaurants, shopping centers and casinos
- Religious services and meetings in our chapel
- Crafts, exercise and happy hour
A dietitian prepares delicious menus that offer a variety of home-style foods. Enjoy three meals a day with snacks available in our beautiful dining room. Additionally, any special dietary needs can be met at Beaver Meadows.
Our buses are available Monday through Friday to provide transportation to doctors’ appointments and outings.
A Complete Continuum Of Care
St. Barnabas Home Care is available to meet a variety of needs.
- Skilled Home Care
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Medication Management
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Hospice Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Owns Beaver Meadows?
Beaver Meadows is owned by St. Barnabas Health System, a nonprofit organization with a 115 year history of serving residents in Western Pennsylvania.
What social and recreational activities are offered for residents?
Beaver Meadows provides numerous conveniences and services designed to make everyday living more stimulating and rewarding. With amenities including a chapel, on-site transportation, beauty/barber shop, physical and occupational therapy areas and activity rooms, residents can enjoy on-site daily activities while making new friends, or take exciting day trips.
What safety features are found at Beaver Meadows?
Beaver Meadows was designed with safety in mind. The facility was constructed from non-combustible building materials, such as metal framing and trusses and is protected by state-of-the art emergency response and sprinkler systems. We’ve also added security alarms to ensure resident safety. Medical care is available seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Do I have to furnish my own room?
You are more than welcome to bring your own furnishings, although we will provide room furnishings if desired. How you decide to decorate your new home is completely up to you.
Is financial assistance available for residents?
Beaver Meadows is a private pay facility. However, if you are a Veteran or spouse of a deceased Veteran, financial assistance may be available through the VA. Visit the veteran information section.