Title of Job: Personal Care Attendant
Objective: Provide residents with assistance in their activities of daily living while
promoting residents to function at the highest level of independence.
Specific/ Essential Functions:
- Make regular rounds on residents checking for their location, safety and well-being.
- Assist residents with dressing, bathing, toileting, personal hygiene, incontinence care, transferring and ambulation.
- Encourage residents to function at their highest level of independence possible.
- Deliver mail/ newspapers to residents.
- Set dining room tables for meals as indicated.
- Serve resident meals and deliver meal trays to resident rooms if needed.
- Assist Food Service Department with plating of food, cleaning of tables, and cleaning of dishes as well as other food service duties as needed.
- Pass snacks to residents.
- Perform basic housekeeping tasks such as dusting, vacuuming and cleaning bathrooms of resident rooms, common areas and public restrooms.
- Strip, clean and make beds.
- Transport soiled linen to soiled utility rooms.
- Deliver clean linens to resident rooms.
- Wash, dry, fold and deliver resident laundry.
- Encourage resident participation in activities.
- Assist residents to/ from recreational programs and assist with programs as needed.
- Document as indicated.
- Provide residents with medication and treatment assistance.
- Assist nurse with taking blood pressure, temperatures and weights.
- Respond to customer service issues, concerns and complaints.
- Attend required in-service education training and staff meetings.
- Maintain CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, their families and staff.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Be free from a medical condition, including drug and/ or alcohol addiction that would limit the provision of personal care services with reasonable skill and safety.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for at least 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry at least 25 lbs.
- Job requires had grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Job requires ability to kneel, squat, twist and bend at waist and reach.
- Must be able to push residents in wheelchairs and push/ pull laundry carts.
- Must have high school diploma or GED, or have active registry on the Pennsylvania nurse aide registry.