St. Barnabas Health System is a top-quality, affordable healthcare community serving the Greater Pennsylvania area. Among our care services, we offer a comprehensive senior wellness and prevention program. Adults in need living in our communities, with family or independently, can benefit from our top-notch care, helping to maintain a high quality of life and overall health for years to come.
We serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals with rotating seasonal menus, daily specials, and custom options. Our highly skilled chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what dishes they would like featured in the community as well as cooking to their liking. We want to ensure that meals are a source of happiness and feel like home.
The Value of Wellness and Prevention
Preventative medicine is an essential cornerstone of effective healthcare. While emergency rooms and specialists become valuable when something goes wrong, our doctors help our residents to avoid serious health problems in the first place. These services are especially valuable for senior adults. Aging bodies can be unpredictable, affected by a wide range of minor and major health issues. They also struggle to recover after a significant injury, illness, or procedure. This makes preventative care all the more important. With high-quality prevention, our residents can maintain happy and comfortable lives.
Infused into Our Services
At St. Barnabas, our retirement and assisted living communities don’t only exist to provide active adults with upkeep-free living, we are also committed to preserving the physical and mental health of every resident – regardless of the level of care they require. This is why our skilled nurses and physicians deliver services such as:
- Medication management, administration, and storing
- Coordination of prescription refills from our in-house pharmacy
- Scheduling in-house appointments with physicians, dentist, podiatrists, optometrists, and psychiatrists
- Transportation for appointments
- Monthly wellness visits to monitor vital signs, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, respiration, and weight for gain or loss, as well as perform routine blood work
- Psychosocial communication and guidance
- Fitness and nutrition counseling
- Chronic condition management
- And more.
Emergency and Outpatient Care
We understand how quickly minor issues can escalate into medical emergencies. That’s why our residents have easy access to medical professionals around the clock. No matter what happens or when, there will always be medical teams nearby to help. Our skilled nursing community also employs experts in diabetes, stroke, chronic pain, wound, and cardiac care. They’ll address new issues promptly, preventing worse troubles down the road.
Wellness and prevention aren’t only available for community residents, however, as our services extend beyond our living facilities. Our team of primary doctors offers high-quality care to patients throughout the Greater Pennsylvania region, helping patients stay in the best of health while living independently or with family. Our primary physicians provide:
- Routine physicals, wellness checks, and health screenings
- Medication management and assistance
- Chronic disease management
- Women’s health services
- Nutrition services
- Illness care
- Health education
- Lab tests and diagnostics
- Immunizations and allergy injections
- Outpatient aqua, occupational, physical, and speech therapy
- And more.
Enroll in Our Senior Wellness and Prevention Program Today
To learn more about our senior wellness and prevention services, contact St. Barnabas today. We proudly serve active adults in the Greater Pennsylvania area with a plethora of services to help you or your loved one maintain optimal health. If you’d like to enroll, our friendly staff will be happy to assist in getting you started.